Web Toolbar by Wibiya

Axiom 0.7.5 (woodhall) Beta Available

Topic related to current development efforts on the core engine and demos

Team Member
Team Member

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Axiom 0.7.5 (woodhall) Beta Available

On 2009.02.18 I released on the Axiom Codeplex site the first beta of woodhall. I will be posting this to SourceForge soon enough, it's just easier to release on CodePlex.

Bugs
  • Many bug fixes included

Enhancements
  • XNA Renderer is now included
    • Runs on Windows and Xbox
    • Generates shaders on windows for fixed function pipeline
    • Custom Pipeline component for HLSL program files.
    • Uses Content Pipeline for loading images on XBox (Avoids unmanaged DevIL).
    • Separate Demo application
  • Project files now included
    • SharpDevelop, MonoDevelop and Visual Studio all support 2008 version project files
    • Visual Studio 2005 solution included.
Borrillis
The Steward of Axiom

Passer-by

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 am

Re: Axiom 0.7.5 (woodhall) Beta Available

Cheer up !

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:45 pm

whl0070179 wrote:Cheer up !
Yeah!

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:00 am

Cheer Up !!!!!
Too far from imagination, too far from reality...

Passer-by

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:15 am

andris11 wrote:
whl0070179 wrote:Cheer up !
Yeah!

Oh yeah~~~

Veteran

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Will DirectX be included in the future alongside XNA? I like to use both for now.

Team Member
Team Member

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm

ioncycle wrote:Will DirectX be included in the future alongside XNA? I like to use both for now.

Yes, there will always be a DirectX renderer. It will not always be implemented using the Microsoft Managed DX extensions as they have been dropped in support of XNA. However the folks over at MDXInfo have created SlimDX as a replacement for the Microsoft MDX libraries. I have attempted several times in the past to migrate from MDX to SlimDX but it's always been a bit to much work at the time. I have created a task for this but I don't have a time frame for implementation yet. If someone is up for the task, I will gladly provide more detail.
Borrillis
The Steward of Axiom

Veteran

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Sounds cool. I'll look into to it later on if I don't totally get into the XNA part right away. Obviosuly I would still want to use XNA separately for the XBOX too.

Passer-by

Post Sat May 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Hello

Axiom is looking very good. I have slight problem running the beta examples and self made program in vista 64 bits. When I run the program the mouse cursor on top of application window stays in busy mode and if I try to use keyboard the window is grayed out. This means that the application is not handling windows events as far as I understand. The window bar also contains text "Not Responding" all though mouse look is working ok and also keyboard events are handled. If this window is created from non managed code maybe the event handling function is not invoked periodically?

When I am running the code through visual studio 2008 I am also getting several warnings like this during the startup process:

'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput\1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35\Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.dll' is attempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang.

I found a solution for the warning after a bit of searching with google: You can disable them by going to Debug->Exceptions->Managed Debugging Assistants and un-check "LoaderLock."

-tommi

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 11, 2009 6:47 am

tlaukkan wrote:When I am running the code through visual studio 2008 I am also getting several warnings like this during the startup process:

'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput\1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35\Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.dll' is attempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang.

I found a solution for the warning after a bit of searching with google: You can disable them by going to Debug->Exceptions->Managed Debugging Assistants and un-check "LoaderLock."

-tommi

This is actually a known issue, a problem in the design of the very Managed DirectX

Return to Engine Development