Web Toolbar by Wibiya

XNA Samples

Topic related to current development efforts on the core engine and demos

Passer-by

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 am

XNA Samples

I am looking to see if there is a way to use Axiom with XNA and replace XNA with Monogame. However I am having a problem getting even Axiom with XNA working. I tried running Axiom.Samples.Browser.Xna.x86 and got the error "Can not find codec for 'png' image format". To fix this I added Axiom.Plugins.DevILCodecs.dll and Tao.DevIl to the output folder, this caused the Browser to launch but none of the samples were loaded. I was wondering if this is indicative of an early stage of development for Axiom.XNA or if this is something specific to my machine that I could fix? Of course just let me know if you want me to provide any additional information.

Also I think http://axiom3d.net/wiki/index.php/Creating_An_Xbox_Game is out of date as it references Axiom.Demos.CameraTrack.x86 which i can't see in the Axiom.Xna.sln

Passer-by

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:08 am

Re: XNA Samples

I had a similar issue with a missing codec. I successfully resolved it by adding a reference to Axiom.Plugins.SystemDrawingCodecs. Maybe that will work for you also?

Team Member
Team Member

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Hey Guys,
Development on the XNA Renderer was stalled due to the uncertainty in XNA's future. Given the recent announcements from Microsoft around Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and the new XBox One. I have been considering replacing Microsoft's XNA libraries with MonoGame's implementation. If you want to help with that effort, send me a PM and we can collaborate.
Borrillis
The Steward of Axiom

Passer-by

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 am

So far I have been mostly making tweaks to the DirectX Render System since that is what I'm using right now.????

Return to Engine Development